- 3 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 large handful watercress
- 1 carrot, peeled and coarsely grated
- 1 small squeeze lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp reduced-fat hummus
- 2 tomatoes, thickly sliced
PreparationToast the bread.
Meanwhile mix the watercress, carrot, lemon juice and olive oil together.
Spread the hummus over each slice of toast.
Top 1 slice with the watercress and carrot salad, sandwich with another slice of toast and top with the tomato.
Lay the final slice of bread, hummus side down, then press down and eat as is or cut the sandwich into quarters.