- 7 ounces smoked salmon (thin slices)
- 1 baguette (French loaf)
- Handful of Rosa/cherry tomatoes
- Half red onion (julienne)
- 1 red pepper (julienne)
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Small handful of coriander (roughly chopped)
- 1 tablespoon spring onion (roughly chopped)
- 1 tablespoon dill (roughly chopped)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 knobs of salted butter
- 2 sprigs of thyme (picked)
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
Slice the bread diagonally into toast-size pieces.
In a frying pan, toast the bread till golden brown with butter, 2 tablespoons of oil, garlic and thyme.
Season to taste.
In a bowl combine the red onions, peppers, spring onion, zest & juice of lemon, dill, coriander with 2 tablespoons oil. Season to taste.
Presentation of bruschetta:
Lay generous slices of the salmon on the cooled toastie, top with the salsa mixture and garnish with half a tomato.
Season with salt and pepper.