- 8.5 cups fish stock (keep warm)
- 6 plum tomatoes (quartered)
- 2 red onions (quartered)
- 4 red peppers (quartered)
- 1 leek (roughly chopped)
- 1 stalk celery (roughly chopped)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 1 spring onion (chopped)
- 4 angel fish fillets (cubed)
- 1 punnet of cleaned mussels
- 10 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Optional garnish - (coriander / parsley)
PreparationRoast all the tomatoes, red onions, peppers, 1 sprig of thyme and 2 cloves of garlic in the oven at 350 degrees F for 30 min till caramelized with oil, salt and pepper (to taste) and 6 tablespoons olive oil.
On the stove top, sauté the celery with 4 tablespoons of oil, leeks and spring onion with 2 garlic cloves and 1 sprig of thyme. Salt & pepper to taste.
Add the fish stock, and reduce by half.
Add the roasted ingredients to the pot and cook for further 10 min
Blend the ingredients with a stick blender; pass through a sieve and strain if desired.
Add the raw angel fish and mussels, close the lid and poach for a further 6 min.
Mussels will open up while cooking (discard any mussels that do not open).
Check seasoning. Garnish with chopped parsley / coriander.