- Sugar stock syrup:
- 500g sugar
- 250ml water
- 30ml lemon juice
- 50ml orange juice
- 4 pears, peeled, halved, seeds removed with melon baller, quartered
- 1 quince, peeled, halved, seeds removed with melon baller, quartered
- 100g Cranberries
- 1 vanilla pod- seeds scraped out
- 4 cardamom pods
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 2 star anise
- 1 lemon, peel - big pieces, not grated
- 1 orange, peel - big pieces, not grated
- 1 orange, segment
PreparationPrepare a sugar stock using sugar, water, lemon juice & orange juice, bring to a boil and reduce for 3 -5minutes.
Add all fruit and spices and peel and simmer gently until fruit are soft, but still keeping shape.
Dish into a bowl, add the lemon wedges and serve with winter desserts with some double cream yoghurt and pistachio nuts.