- 1 standard size Panettone
- 100g almond liquor (Amaretto)***
- 200g sugar syrup (100g sugar +100g water)
- 2 liter vanilla ice cream, softened
- 200g dark chocolate (70%), chopped
- 100g slivered almonds, toasted
- Icing sugar to dust
- 200g cream
- 50g milk
- 150g dark chocolate (70%), chopped
PreparationCut the cap off the Panettone then carefully remove the center in one whole piece.
Slice the center piece into rings.
Mix together the Amaretto and sugar syrup then use to brush the ring layers, the inside and the cap of the Panettone.
Mix together the vanilla ice cream, the chopped chocolate and the almonds.
Layer the ice cream and the cake slices inside the hollowed out Panettone
Cover with the cap and freeze.
To make the chocolate sauce, heat together milk and cream then add the chopped chocolate and stir until melted.
Dust the frozen Panettone with icing sugar then cut and serve drizzled with hot chocolate sauce.
***For an alcohol-free version, replace Amaretto Syrup with:
• 150g sugar
• 150g water
• Almond essence
• Cinnamon stick
Boil together water and sugar then add almond essence and cinnamon stick to infuse.