- 375g butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups Selati Demerara sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups cake flour, sifted
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2/3 cup (160ml) cocoa powder, sifted
- 3/4 cup milk
- 225g cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup Selati castor snow
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder, sifted
- 1 egg
- 150g chopped dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup cream
PreparationPreheat the oven to 160C. Grease a bundt cake pan and dust with cocoa powder.
Cream butter and sugar until very fluffy – about 8 minutes then add the eggs one at a time.
Sift in the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder and fold in alternately with the milk.
Spoon half the mixture into the bundt tin.
In a separate bowl, combine the cream cheese, sugar, cocoa and egg.
Drop spoonfuls of the cream cheese frosting into the cake batter, swirl with a knife then top with the remaining batter.
Bake in the preheated oven for about 1 hour or until a skewer comes out of the cake clean. Allow to cool slightly in the tin, then turn out.
Melt the chocolate and cream together slowly then drizzle over the cooled cake.