- 40ml Vegetable Oil
- 650 g Deboned, beef cubed
- ½ c Onion, sliced
- ¼ c celery, chopped
- 2 tsp garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp mild curry powder
- 1 tsp masala powder
- 1 tbsp dried curry leaves
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 c baby corn
- ½ c KOO Baby cocktail onions, drained
- 1 c baby carrots, peeled and cubed
- 1 tin Chopped, peeled tomatoes with herbs
- 2 tsp Tomato paste
- 750ml Beef Stock
- ½ tsp Fresh Rosemary, roughly chopped
- 2 tsp Fresh Coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 tin KOO lentils, drained
- 1 tin KOO Samp and Beans (any flavour)
- 3 Tbsp Chutney
1. In a cast iron pot, heat the oil and brown the beef. Remove from the pot and set aside.
2. In the same pot, sauté the onions and celery, until soft then add in the garlic, curry powder, masala powder, curry leaves and bay leaves. Add some water if mixture begins to stick to the pot.
3. Add in the tomato paste, tomatoes and cubed beef and cook for 10 minutes then add in the cocktail onions, baby corn, baby carrots and the herbs. Add in 500ml of stock. Bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Add in the lentils, samp and beans and chutney and stir to combine. Adjust seasoning if need be with salt and pepper.
5. Add in more stock, if the mixture becomes too dry. Simmer until meat is tender
6. Garnish with extra fresh chopped herbs (coriander and rosemary)