- 2 cups fresh peas, blanched
- 1/2 cup small mint leaves
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 baby zucchini, sliced lengthwise
- 1 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed
- 1 large yellow pepper, thickly sliced
- 2 oz Greek feta, crumbled
- 2 red peppers
- 2 yellow peppers
- 3/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
PreparationPrepare pea and mint salad first and set aside.
Blanch peas in boiling water for 1 minute, drain and refresh under cold water.
Transfer to bowl. Toss with mint and onions.
Season with salt & pepper to taste. Set aside.
Preheat braai to high.
Spray vegetables with olive oil and cook.
Season to taste.
Grill/ braai the vegetables evenly on all sides until tender, for about 5 minutes.
Transfer to serving plate and crumble feta over the top.
Place peppers directly onto the braai until the skin of the peppers has blackened and blistered, about 5 minutes.
Place the blackened peppers into a bowl and tightly seal with plastic wrap.
Allow the peppers to steam as they cool, about 20 minutes. Once cool, remove the skins and discard.
Transfer the roasted peppers to a blender or food processor.
Add the red wine vinegar, olive oil, and salt; blend until smooth.
Serve grilled vegetables with salad and dressing.