Digital Community Manager
< Back to Careers
Effective Date: April 1, 2017
Department: Digital Department
Reports to: Digital Director
EEO/FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Digital Community Manager is responsible for managing The Africa Channel and Demand Africa social media communities across web platforms. This leader will also implement and track content driven marketing campaigns to align with overall Marketing goals.
- Manage and implement digital strategy across all web and social platforms. Be the digital “face of the brand.”
- Post to all social sites and communities in accordance with our programming while reviewing user generated comments quickly and efficiently. Listen, respond, ask questions and engage consistently.
- Work collaboratively with staff, management, contributors and contractors to create, curate and manage all digitally published content and e-mail campaigns.
- Partner with innovative content creators and partner brands to drive digital strategy.
- Maintain content calendars and track digital marketing metrics to report quarterly.
- Use graphic design and image editing software, particularly Photoshop and Illustrator to create digital ads and social media campaigns.
- Update websites and blog using content management system software.
- Develop, manage and implement ad programs across digital platforms – search, social, display, etc.
- Leverage analytic tools to review, monitor and report advertising analytics to optimize ad campaigns and conversion.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to satisfactorily perform each essential duty.
Education / Experience
BA in related subject area i.e Digital Media, Marketing, Communication etc. 4+ years of social media experience and digital marketing/advertising experience. Entertainment industry and deep knowledge of African Diaspora experience preferred.
Other Skills Required
- Demonstrates creativity and documented immersion in digital advertising, design and community management.
- Experienced in Web Analytics, Display and Ad Exchanges, and Content Management Systems.
- Highly experienced in creating and managing content development and publishing.
- Excels at navigating the Office Suite of products and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Maintains pristine communication both verbally and written.
- Team player with confidence to lead other employees when applicable.
- Must be able to adhere to and adopt TAC’s policies and procedures.
- The physical demands described here are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job: Frequently required use of hands and fingers to write and to manipulate telephone and computer keyboard. Occasionally required to bend and lift items up to 25 lbs.
Please attach your Resumé and Cover Letter (.doc/.pdf formats only please) when applying for this position.
The Africa Channel is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all serious inquiries.